How to solve COMException

Ajith Nair

Hi,

I am trying to create a new object of "COMM object" inside my one "dll" object as shown below,

oMSComm = New MSCommLib.MSComm
But its throwing an COMexception saying that there is no license for the application for the object.

but the same program is working in my development machine. After I installed to other machine this error is coming. Does I need to install the "MSComm" object with other machine ? if then please let me know how to install the same.

Looking forward for your valuable knowledge.

B Regards

Ajith

Alvin Bruney [MVP - ASP.NET]

does the com object require a license? you will need to check the documentation that comes with the COM object

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

[Shameless Author Plug]
Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon.com etc
Hi,

I am trying to create a new object of "COMM object" inside my one "dll" object as shown below,

oMSComm = New MSCommLib.MSComm
But its throwing an COMexception saying that there is no license for the application for the object.

but the same program is working in my development machine. After I installed to other machine this error is coming. Does I need to install the "MSComm" object with other machine ? if then please let me know how to install the same.

Looking forward for your valuable knowledge.

B Regards

Ajith

Wencheng Magiya

Hi Ajith,

This article may provide some information for your question:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q318597/

Important This article contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Best Regards,
Wencheng