    the file name in the Save As dialog without my having to type it eac
    time

    Thank you in advance for your help

    JohnJohnUSA, Jul 4, 2006

  2. JohnJohn wrote>

    > Is there a way that I can have python always bring up the Save As
    > dialog pointing to the directory of my choice? In other words, I
    > would like to specify what I want the default directory for saving
    > files to be.

    I use PythonWin, not IDLE. But I suspect you could use the same trick.
    Create a shortcut on your desktop for starting IDLE. (find idle.py or
    idle.bat, right click, send shortcut to desktop).

    Now go to the desktop, right click on the idle shortcut, and fill in
    the slot that says "Start In" with the directory where you save your
    Python scripts.

    Hope that helps.

    rd

    BartlebyScrivener, Jul 4, 2006