how to specify minimum page width?

Greg N.

Stan said:
No, IE is the most popular browser (but slipping). There are many
others that make up "most." Els was perfectly correct in his
statement.

Got any data to substantiate that?

Are you talking about installed base or usage frequency? Somewhat
realistic usage frequency figures can be gathered through web
statistics. I can't think of a way to even begin to figure out
statistics about installed browsers.

This one here, http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
say the IE usage frequency is somewhere between 70 and 80 percent.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating IE. But this here forum is not
about which browser ist best, it's about how to make web sites that work
in the real world.

Stan McCann

Got any data to substantiate that?

Are you talking about installed base or usage frequency? Somewhat
realistic usage frequency figures can be gathered through web
statistics. I can't think of a way to even begin to figure out
statistics about installed browsers.

This one here, http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
say the IE usage frequency is somewhere between 70 and 80 percent.

There's where I get my data from. As a web developer, unfortunately,
we should all be paying attention to those stats. I make every effort
to make sure that what I do is usable in the most popular browser as
well as other browsers.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating IE. But this here forum is
not about which browser ist best, it's about how to make web sites
that work in the real world.

You are absolutely correct. The poster that Els corrected brought up
the "best browser" issue IIRC. So, really, you should be ragging on me
for a "me too" post simply agreeing with Els rather than being off
topic. And so as to not start some silly flame war, no, I didn't
consider your post "ragging on me." :) But now that I think about it,
isn't *your* post off topic? ;)

And Els already got on me for referring to her as a he. ;)