how to specify path to .py modules during install...

venkatbo

Hi folks,

On i686 Linux, I would like to place my python modules as:
<base_dir>/src/py-modules/*.py
and use the cmd from <base_dire>:
...base_dir]$ python src/py-modules/setup.py install
--prefix=<base_dir>/usr
so the .py files and the corresponding compiled .pyc files are at:
<base_dir>/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packacges/*.py[c]

Its unclear from the documentation, how I could specify the
location of the *.py files, ie:
<base_dir>/src/py-modules/
in the installation command:
...base_dir]$ python src/py-modules/setup.py install
--prefix=<base_dir>/usr

I can specify the destination of the module/compiled files,
but how do I specify the the path to the .py files. I get the
"file not found error".

Of course, if I cd to:
<base_dir>/src/py-modules/
and run the command, its able to find all the modules listed
in setup.py:py_modules[.....] entry.

This is one among many other modules (C/py) being built
while at the <base_dir>...

Thanks,
/venkat