How to Start a Web Design Company in less than 48 hrs ?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by mithsi@gmail.com, Oct 4, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Oct 4, 2006

  2. On 2006-10-04, wrote:
    > Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
    >
    > Here is the link to it
    >
    > http://www.bad.example.com

    I find it very hard to take seriously anyone professing to offer
    guidance on web design whose own site doesn't scale to the size of
    my browser window.

    I'll ignore the issue of multi-posting for now.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Oct 5, 2006

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2006-10-04, wrote:
    > > Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
    > >
    > > Here is the link to it
    > >
    > > http://www.bad.example.com

    > I find it very hard to take seriously anyone professing to offer
    > guidance on web design whose own site doesn't scale to the size of
    > my browser window.
    >
    > I'll ignore the issue of multi-posting for now.

    I would be interested to hear your opinion on one issue that
    relates to this. I had a look at that web design ad and it is
    mainly a short text spiel. How would you set out so that it
    "scaled" to your browser window, avoiding the pitfalls of text
    lines uncomfortably wide, of imposing the need for a user to
    fiddle about with browser window size (if they are used to full
    screen viewing)?

    In my own case I am tending to limit text content width by em
    (occasionally by px).

    This is not a criticism of you or any endorsement of the web ad
    site, it is just that it is is not a trivial issue and in the
    case of a bit of text, is it so bad re window size? Goes down to
    800 (I would see no reason not to have let it go less actually).
    But as for max size... what would you recommend?

    In short, the phrase "scale to the size of my browser window" is
    not that clear.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 5, 2006
  4. richard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Just wrote an article, let me know if it is helpful.
    >
    > Here is the link to it
    >

    > http://www.hostingaides.com

    From what I've seen, you offer nothing more than what is already touted on
    thousands of web pages.
    richard, Oct 5, 2006
  5. webMODULES Guest

    My oh my. This is why there are so many horrible web sites out there.

    Hey, just a tip, it takes a lot more then a little HTML knowledge and a
    cheap hosting account to make a successful web design company. Oh ya,
    your topic was how to start a web design company, not how to make a
    successful web design firm, or even successful web site for that
    matter.

    Oh well, if you reall need to start a web design company, go see
    hostingaides.com- of course don't expect to get anything more then an
    add trying to get you to buy a book that tells you to learn HTML and
    find a hosting company.

    Hey look mom, I just started a web design company, I am going to get
    rich I am sure becaue I just started a new company.
    webMODULES, Oct 5, 2006