    Thanking You

    Regards
    Pavan Narendra
    pavan, Mar 10, 2006

  2. pavan

    Guest

    Hi,
    pavan i will suggest u,that if u can visit CDAC,Pune.Or u can try
    Department of electronics,pune univercity for VLSI course.I am sure
    CDAC will provide u good teaching as weel good recruitment too.
    , Mar 10, 2006

  3. pavan

    pavan Guest

    thanks alot Mohan, but am sorry to inform u that am working and hence
    cant do a full-time course. so please suggest me so that i can do it
    part-time or self study. hoping to see a reply from you.

    thanks a ton

    pavan
    pavan, Mar 10, 2006
  4. http://www.sli-institute.ac.uk/
    have some excellent distance learning courses (fairly expensive though)

    Benjamin Todd, Mar 10, 2006
  5. pavan wrote:
    > Dear All,
    > I am a fresh graduate from India. i ve done my BE in
    > Electricals and Electronics. i am very much fond of FPGA's, DSP's and
    > Embedded systems. I want to learn them but the institutes teaching
    > them are very sparse. So can anybody suggest me what all i may have to
    > know before giving it a start and please suggest me as to how to start.
    > I need this because once i get a path i can slowly do it on myself
    > instead of starting without knowing anything about the topic. please do
    > suggest me even the books for learning FPGA. And requirements.

    Pavan,
    Just about all FPGA design nowadays is done in HDL (hardware description
    language). Basically, there are 2 of these: VHDL & Verilog. It's a
    religious war: you can choose either. Likewise there are 2 major FPGA
    vendors: Xilinx & Altera. Again, choose.
    My experience is with VHDL & Xilinx, so with that said, here goes:
    Download the "Webpack" from Xilinx' site: this will give you a basic
    development environment. You'll also need a VHDL textbook, I recommend
    Ashenden's "Designer's Guide to VDHL".
    You can design using Webpack's schematic editor, but I suggest you
    don't. Reasons:
    1. If you design in pure VHDL, you remain vendor independent. (You will
    probably have to get vendor specific at the very low level, but keep it
    to a minimum, so your designs are portable).
    2. Several people on comp.arch.fpga report problems with the schematic
    editor.

    So, you can put together a design, using your text editor. To make it
    run, you need signal sources (a "testbench"). This is more VHDL, to
    which your design is connected.
    With a complete testbench, you can compile & simulate using ModelSim (a
    Xilinx specific version is included with WebPack), or other tools.
    Once your design simulates correctly, you can synthesise it (the XST
    tool in WebPack), & get a bit-file ready to load into the FPGA.

    Prototyping boards for the simpler FPGA's (Spartan) are available from
    Xilinx for about $120.

    Good luck...
    David R Brooks, Mar 11, 2006
  6. David R Brooks wrote:

    > With a complete testbench, you can compile & simulate using ModelSim (a
    > Xilinx specific version is included with WebPack), or other tools.
    > Once your design simulates correctly, you can synthesise it (the XST
    > tool in WebPack), & get a bit-file ready to load into the FPGA.

    I agree that learning to test your code with
    a vhdl simulator deserves primary attention.
    Once you know how write and verify your
    own code, all else is details.

    -- Mike Treseler
    Mike Treseler, Mar 11, 2006
  7. pavan

    subhash_iitr

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    am beginner in FPGA design. I want to interface ADC no: AD7822 to virtex-5 (ML-505) kit externally.The ADC -AD7822 is a parallel ADc .Please guide me in doing this and perovide me the VHDL code for interfacing parallel ADC.
    Thanks
    subhash_iitr, Feb 25, 2010
  8. pavan

    amit_k