How to start Internet Explorer from Perl Script?

Tutico

a.. How to start Internet Explorer from Perl Script?
b.. How to send key to surf web with same Internet Explorer?
Thanks

Paul Lalli

Tutico said:
a.. How to start Internet Explorer from Perl Script?

The same way you start any external program. Any or all of these might
be what you're looking for.
perldoc -f system
perldoc -f exec
perldoc perlop (search for qx)
perldoc -f open
b.. How to send key to surf web with same Internet Explorer?

Not sure I understand your question. You want to write a Perl program
that will automatically manipulate an existing Internet Explorer
process? As in, you want to be able to send data to the process and
have it show up in IE's address bar or on a form? Why?

Are you sure you don't just want to use WWW::Mechanize for automated
web browsing?

Paul Lalli

Mark Clements

Paul said:
Not sure I understand your question. You want to write a Perl program
that will automatically manipulate an existing Internet Explorer
process? As in, you want to be able to send data to the process and
have it show up in IE's address bar or on a form? Why?

Are you sure you don't just want to use WWW::Mechanize for automated
web browsing?

As an addendum to this, if automating IE is, in fact, the requirement then

Win32::IE::Mechanize

is pretty handy. There is also Mozilla::Mechanize, but I have no
experience with this.

Mark

paul

I am not quick sure about your question, but I guess it is
- For you to write Perl script to display on the IE
You need to configure your webserver and mare sure that your webserver
is understand your programm which is running, E.g CGI script

Using CGI script can make your life more easier..

Wish it could help

Paul