How to start java GUI program WITHOUT additional Windows command line prompt console window?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ulf Meinhardt, Aug 7, 2009.

  1. I want to start GUI based Java programs by simple clicking on a batch script file which in turn contains
    a command like the following:

    java myclass

    or

    java myclass "someparm"

    However when I click on the batch script file in Windows(XP) at first a black command line
    prompt window pops up and then the actual Java GUI window is shown.

    The black command line prompt window remains visible until I close the Java GUI window.

    How can I prevent this?

    I want to see just the Java GUI window nothing else.
    I don't even want to have the black command line window to be minimized.

    How can I achieve this?

    Ulf

    Ulf Meinhardt, Aug 7, 2009

  2. Re: How to start java GUI program WITHOUT additional Windows commandline prompt console window?

    On Aug 7, 10:28 pm, (Ulf Meinhardt) wrote:
    > I want to start GUI based Java programs by simple clicking ..

    A link? Use webstart. The only thing that will 'pop up'
    is a download/splash screen, and possibly security dialogs.

    And in future, when cross-posting or setting follow-ups,
    please *inform the reader(1).*

    (1) X-post to c.l.j.p/h w/ f-u to c.l.j.h only.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 10, 2009