How to start java GUI program WITHOUT additional Windows command line prompt console window?

Ulf Meinhardt

I want to start GUI based Java programs by simple clicking on a batch script file which in turn contains
a command like the following:

java myclass

or

java myclass "someparm"

However when I click on the batch script file in Windows(XP) at first a black command line
prompt window pops up and then the actual Java GUI window is shown.

The black command line prompt window remains visible until I close the Java GUI window.

How can I prevent this?

I want to see just the Java GUI window nothing else.
I don't even want to have the black command line window to be minimized.

How can I achieve this?

Ulf

Andrew Thompson

I want to start GUI based Java programs by simple clicking ..

A link? Use webstart. The only thing that will 'pop up'
is a download/splash screen, and possibly security dialogs.

And in future, when cross-posting or setting follow-ups,
please *inform the reader(1).*

(1) X-post to c.l.j.p/h w/ f-u to c.l.j.h only.