How to start more than one process at the same time?

Dirk Hagemann

Hi!

How can I start several jobs at the same time with python? I want to
collect data from some servers and I don't want to wait until the first
server is finished. These jobs should run parallel to save time.
What I tried is this:
os.popen('regdmp -m \\\\server1
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Intel\\LanDesk\\VirusProtect6\\CurrentVersion\\Clients"os.popen('regdmp -m \\\\server2
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Intel\\LanDesk\\VirusProtect6\\CurrentVersion\\Clients"os.popen('regdmp -m \\\\server3
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Intel\\LanDesk\\VirusProtect6\\CurrentVersion\\Clients"
I didn't get an error-message, but I also didn't get a result. No
text-file was created.
I also tried to do the same thing via batch-files, but that didn't
change anything.

Is it just not possible or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!
Dirk Hagemann

Piet van Oostrum

Dirk Hagemann said:
DH> Hi!
DH> How can I start several jobs at the same time with python? I want to
DH> collect data from some servers and I don't want to wait until the first
DH> server is finished. These jobs should run parallel to save time.

Use the subprocess module.