How to start with web service and xml schema

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Beginner, Apr 5, 2007.

  1. Beginner

    Beginner Guest

    Hi all,

    I am a new web service developer. I want to know about how to write web
    service with xml schema. I have searched a lot of xml schema topic but I
    don't know how to use it.

    if i have a simple web service(Calculator)

    [WebMethod]
    public int Cals(int x,int y) {
    int sum = 0;
    sum = x + y;
    return sum;
    }

    if i want to use xml schema for this web service
    what xml schema should be ?????
    and how to use in web service ????

    Thank you for all suggestion

    Beginner, Apr 5, 2007

  2. Beginner

    Jorgebg Guest

    Hi,
    the WSDL file, asociated to that webservice has a schema defined.
    But with .NET and Visual Studio you shouldn't worry about that.

    In order to consume it, from the project you want to use it, add a Web
    Reference (Right click in project > Add Web Reference...).

    Best Regards,
    --
    Jorgebg - MCSD.NET

    Jorgebg, Apr 9, 2007