    FUTTERN SIE NICHT DIE TROLLE, BITTE.
    NON ALIMENTARE I TROLLI, PER FAVORE
    N'ALIMENTEZ PAS LE TROLLS, S'IL VOUS PLAIT

    Stjepan F., Dec 10, 2006

  2. Stjepan F.

    [on] Guest

    So all the statisics are in XLS (Excel) format ?
    Or are they stored in a usable format before the XLS ?

    [on], Dec 11, 2006

  3. Stjepan F.

    Stjepan F. Guest

    "[on]" <> wrote in message
    > So all the statisics are in XLS (Excel) format ?
    > Or are they stored in a usable format before the XLS ?

    no,original log is in txt format and then we put him into xls and on the
    web.i wanna skip that step,so that server using xml protocol sends this log
    directly on the web once in 24h...like update...
    what do u think about that?

    Stjepan F., Dec 11, 2006
  4. Stjepan F. wrote:
    > i wanna skip that step,so that server using xml protocol sends this log
    > directly on the web once in 24h...like update...

    Sounds like a straightforward coding problem.

    Presumably you know what your logs look like and have code for reading them.

    Decide how you want the XML version to be structured (which depends in
    part on what you want to do with it).

    Write a routine which reads the former and writes out the latter. How
    best to tackle that depends on the former two steps and how comfortable
    you are thinking about constructing events on the fly and keeping them
    balanced properly (SAX) versus building up a tree representation in
    memory (DOM) and then writing it all out in one swell foop.

    Then arrange for that task to run once a day, which is a server
    configuration issue.

    Joseph Kesselman, Dec 11, 2006
  5. Stjepan F.

    Stjepan F. Guest

    "Joseph Kesselman" <> wrote in message

    > Sounds like a straightforward coding problem.
    >
    > Presumably you know what your logs look like and have code for reading

    them.

    > Decide how you want the XML version to be structured (which depends in
    > part on what you want to do with it).
    >
    > Write a routine which reads the former and writes out the latter. How
    > best to tackle that depends on the former two steps and how comfortable
    > you are thinking about constructing events on the fly and keeping them
    > balanced properly (SAX) versus building up a tree representation in
    > memory (DOM) and then writing it all out in one swell foop.
    >
    > Then arrange for that task to run once a day, which is a server
    > configuration issue.

    nice answer..there is one problem..those logs are saving all the things that
    happens on server,chat,statitistics who entered the chat ,when and similar
    stuff...the log file is sometime around 200MB..is it possible to do that
    update only of the things i want to?like kill ratio etc?

    Stjepan F., Dec 11, 2006
  6. Stjepan F. wrote:
    > the log file is sometime around 200MB..is it possible to do that
    > update only of the things i want to?like kill ratio etc?

    You should do that filtering in the code you write to read the logfile,
    before rendering the "interesting" information into XML. Programming
    problem, not XML problem.

    (Yes, you could do that filtering after converting everything into XML,
    but doing it as close to the source as possible yields the most
    efficient solution.)

    Joseph Kesselman, Dec 11, 2006
  7. Stjepan F.

    > You should do that filtering in the code you write to read the logfile,
    > before rendering the "interesting" information into XML. Programming
    > problem, not XML problem.

    probably C++ or Java will come in handy..

    > (Yes, you could do that filtering after converting everything into XML,
    > but doing it as close to the source as possible yields the most
    > efficient solution.)

    how do u think "close to the source"?

    Stjepan F., Dec 11, 2006