How to start?

Uran

Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be posted, then I should
just do it; but, before doing it I should create a page. As for now, there
is not one character used yet; I am posting them outside.

1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
page down in HTML code?

2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?

However, I would like to be able to stick with my essays only, and to have
someone capable and willing to take care of creating a template for a web
page, which I would be filling with the text, and possibly with a picture at
times. I would pay that person, but in terms that are possible for me to do
that: not up front. Since I have no money, even though I might appear as a
financially rich person; I may be rich in a spiritual way, but financially I
have nothing, because I spend everything on my projects, I can pay either
from my pension or from the money that hits the bank account later.

If anyone is there that cares to bother to read my blogs is welcome to read
them; so, if that person wants to jump onto the bandwagon, is most welcome.

Regards,

Bruno.
mail to: (e-mail address removed)
http://hrvatum94.blogspot.com
http://brunohrust.blogspot.com

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Uran said:
Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name)

That's been registered since May of 2006. Are you just now getting
around to using it? (That's an odd name to choose...)
and a space of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear
idea what to do with it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to
be posted, then I should just do it; but, before doing it I should
create a page. As for now, there is not one character used yet; I am
posting them outside.

1. How do I start, do I open Notepad or Word-pad, DOS or what, to write the
page down in HTML code?

Since you seem to be a complete beginner, how about starting with a
tutorial? This one is oft recommended:
http://htmldog.com/
2. How do I check it for correctness on my computer, before I post it?

http://validator.w3.org/

The rest of your post should be re-asked after you have basic knowledge
of how web pages (and sites) are constructed.

Chaddy2222

[...]

What kind of projects are we talking about?
In other words, what is the website for exactly? Is it a personal
site?.
Most designers will ask for up to 50% of the overall website payment
up-front, as a deposit.

freemont

I am talking about project(s) that are generally not understood and
people think that I am a nutcase, for which I do understand them, but
some of them do get carried away and bite on me more than necessary: it
is about saving a world ... or one can put it of saving myself wrom the
world as it is now.

ooooooook...

William Gill

Beauregard said:
Are you and "Uran" the same person?

This being the first of April and all. To (mis)quote the Bard..
"Me thinks" "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

I suspect this author was also known here by another name.

Raymond Schmit

Some time ago, I have bought a domain name (www.mydomain.name) and a space
of 40MB/month with 200 GB bandwidth, but have not clear idea what to do with
it; I suppose, when I make the web page ready to be posted, then I should
just do it; but, before doing it I should create a page. As for now, there
is not one character used yet; I am posting them outside.

First April posting ? :)

richard

That's been registered since May of 2006. Are you just now getting
around to using it? (That's an odd name to choose...)

Since you seem to be a complete beginner, how about starting with a
tutorial? This one is oft recommended:
http://htmldog.com/

http://validator.w3.org/

The rest of your post should be re-asked after you have basic knowledge
of how web pages (and sites) are constructed.

May 2006 is about the time the tld was introduced. Most likely
mydomain.name is NOT owned by the poster but used as a reference.

As many people use mydomain.com and yourdomain.com freely even though
both have been properly registered.

Raymond Schmit

No, I have just manage to edit some material by help of FrontPage editor and
now have to work out the FileZila browser and soon my first page will
appear -- in black and white if necessary, and without tabs, but will be OK.
Later will add colour and tabs.

That' spretty good, but you will not create a good site readable by
most browsers if you use " FrontPage editor".

dorayme

and layers of course... This is an exciting development. Please keep us
informed of your every move.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
May 2006 is about the time the tld was introduced.

I'd wager the TLD was introduced even before Sir Tim ever published the
very first web page... <lol>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee
if you didn't know who Sir Tim is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain
Most likely mydomain.name is NOT owned by the poster but used as a
reference.
Duh!

As many people use mydomain.com and yourdomain.com freely even though
both have been properly registered.

Of course. And everyone who uses someone else's registered domain name,
either as Uran did, or as a munge to an email address, they do a
disservice to that owner.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Bruno said:
I suspect that FrontPage is the tool for building a page

Bruno, I suspect you will not find much favor for FrontPlague in these
groups. A lot of us compose our pages with simple text editors.

Have you visited the tutorial I recommended? http://htmldog.com/

dorayme

"Bruno HRUST said:
First, if a damage is caused to the owner of www.mydomain.name (not ".com",
if you would not mind), then I am sorry; but, all the same, there is no list
on the web that indicates sites that are not taken, that is registered. My
only purpose was not to let the cat out of the bag; I sincerely hope that
one can be easily, without much fuss, forgiven for a crime like that. J

Don't worry about it. I approve of secrets. Will your site be for a
one-man business of some kind?

dorayme

"Bruno HRUST said:
This below is a copy/paste from the page that I am working on. I is meant to
include everyone who understand in the projects, and also those individuals
who do not understand but are willing to take part in it; not many
understand today's meaning of life or politics, but are involved in it in
some way.

"I am talking about projects that are generally not understood and people
think that I am a nutcase, for which I do understand them and blaming them
not for it, but some of them do get carried away and bite on me more than
necessary: it is about saving the world ... or, one can put it, of saving
myself from the world as it is now." That was my short reply to a person met
at Usenet. Not many shall really understand this written here, and reasons
are too many to spell them all; and I am really not aiming at those
individuals who for some reason do not understand it, but rather at those
few that will understand ... and help me with the bundle; because they have
no choice, it is written that they are destined to go my way, to go with me.
It is those saintly individuals upon whom I shall build my church, and new
life for a new humankind.

May I suggest you start, then, with a very simple template. You want to
say things, so a simple set of headings and paragraphs should do you.
Headings are very important because they assist people, especially blind
people, to understand your offering better. This sort of thing to begin
with:

<head>
<title>Bruno's plan to save the world anf himself</title>
body {margin: .5em 2em .5em 2em;}
</head>
<h1>Main heading</h1>
<h2>First second level heading</h2>
<h2>Second second level heading</h2>

dorayme

dorayme said:
"Bruno HRUST" <[email protected]> wrote:

That should have read:

<head>
<title>Bruno's plan to save the world anf himself</title>
body {margin: .5em 2em .5em 2em;}
</head>
<h1>Main heading</h1>
<h2>First second level heading</h2>
<h2>Second second level heading</h2>

rf

dorayme said:
Don't worry about it. I approve of secrets. Will your site be for a
one-man business of some kind?

Before you go any further with this m'dear (and everybody else for that
matter) you may care to type the words "bruno" and "hrust" into your google
search box.

dorayme

Before you go any further with this ...(and everybody else for that
matter) you may care to type the words "bruno" and "hrust" into your google
search box.

OK, thanks, I did and it looks ugly. I'm out of here. It never occurred
to me that there would be bad things lurking here...

In an innocent way, I just thought maybe it was Luigi on a Second
Coming. But Luigi's greatest crime, poor feller, was to test Jonathan
Little's patience rather a lot (as I recall) <g>

SAZ

Very scary, huh?

Looks like a big scam. Send me $10,000 and I'll say a special prayer
for you. What's sad is that there are many desperate individuals that
believe your BS.

You seem to have a problem with Jews. Any other races/religions that
you feel you are above?

Don't bother replying, you're in my killfile.