    Receba as =FAltimas not=EDcias do Brasil e do mundo direto no seu Messenger=
    com Alertas MSN! =C9 GR=C1TIS!
    http://alertas.br.msn.com/=
    Rodolpho Almeida, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Rodolpho Almeida

    Lee Jarvis Guest

    Lee Jarvis, Nov 29, 2007

  3. If you're new to programming I'd strongly recommend first learning
    some basic programming, without getting involved too much in the web
    application side. Rails is very complex framework; even I haven't got
    my head round it and I've been programming for years. You might find
    this page useful: http://www.squidoo.com/ruby-programming-beginner/

    On to your questions:

    > I want to know how to use rails?

    I recommend this tutorial:
    http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2006/12/14/revisiting-ruby-on-rails-revi=
    sited.html.
    That's what I used to get started with rails.

    can Ruby do everything that PHP does?

    The difference between PHP and Rails is that PHP is simply a mechanism
    for embedding programming code in a text file. Ruby on Rails is also
    this, but so much more as well. Rails is a whole framework that
    supports your web application, providing a great deal of necessary
    base architecture for you, allowing to concentrate on the parts of
    your web application that make it unique. In PHP, you have to do all
    of this yourself. It is my opinion that Rails is more powerful that
    PHP.

    Does it work well with MySql?

    Yes! Very well.

    What is the best program to use with Rails?

    I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean text editors/IDEs for
    coding or something else? I use gVim for my coding :)

    On 29/11/2007, Rodolpho Almeida <> wrote:
    > Sorry to bug everyone with this, but I am new to all this programing stuf=

    f and as far as I have seen Ruby is a nice language to start.

    > I am must interested in Web Applications and as I saw I should use Rails =

    for it, but I got a little lost on the way, can someone give-me a idea off =
    where to look at?

    > I want to know how to use rails? can Ruby do everything that PHP does? Do=

    es it work well with MySql? What is the best program to use with Rails?

    Dan Stevens (IAmAI), Nov 29, 2007