how to stop(break) while gdb on overflow error

bkhote

Hi,
I need to find places in the code where a short int ( 2 bytes) is
assigned value bigger
than 65K. I remember this will cause overflow flag in cpu control word
to set.
How do I see this and break in gdb? .. some kind of trappings.
Thanks
B K.

Keith Thompson

bkhote said:
I need to find places in the code where a short int ( 2 bytes) is
assigned value bigger
than 65K. I remember this will cause overflow flag in cpu control word
to set.
How do I see this and break in gdb? .. some kind of trappings.

We have no idea. That's not a question about the C language; it's a
question about gdb. The only gdb-related newgroup I know of is
gnu.gdb.bug, but there are several mailing lists; googling "gdb
mailing lists" will help you find them.

Also, you posted the same question twice. We've seen a lot of this
lately. Google groups is having some problems even beyond their usual
ones. If you post an article and it doesn't appear immediately, don't
try again.

bkhote

I noticed spelling error just after posting 1st message. Surprisingly,
there is no way to edit/delete the post owned by you....

Ico

bkhote said:
I noticed spelling error just after posting 1st message. Surprisingly,
there is no way to edit/delete the post owned by you....

This is no surprise if you know a bit about usenet. Your message is not
stored on a single server at google, but it is distributed among a huge
network of servers, all passing on the message to each other. There
is no 'single copy' that can be edited or deleted. Sit on your hands
before you type, think twice before you post.

Google (ab)uses usenet by calling it 'google groups', and making you
think it is something they created.

Keith Thompson

bkhote said:
I noticed spelling error just after posting 1st message. Surprisingly,
there is no way to edit/delete the post owned by you....

It's not surprising at all. Once you post an article, it propagates
to other servers; there's no good way to edit something once it exists
on multiple sites. (You might be able to do this in one of Google's
private groups, but this is Usenet; unfortunately Google blurs the
distinction between its own groups and Usenet.)

(There is a mechanism to cancel an article, but it doesn't work
reliably.)

If a typo is minor, just ignore it. If it's significant, post a