how to stop flash movie sound in a DHTML layer using javascript

Sheel

Hi,
I am new with JavaScript as well as with actionscipt and I need help
with one problem.

I have a website with thumbnails on it. When you click on small
thumbnail a hidden layer will be visible with the larger image of it.
I used code from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

I have modified the code for same thing but using flash
movie[.swf]instead of .jpg. so when I click on image thumbnail it
shows my hidden layer with .swf playing in it.
Now the problem is this popup layer/window has a link that closes the
layer[you can see the example on the link above] using the function
written below.
=============
function closepreview(){
crossobj.style.visibility="hidden"
}
=============
everything works fine except when I play ".swf" with sound and try to
close the layer/window, the movie stops playing but the sound
continues to play till i hit BACK button of the browser or close the
browser.

Is there any kind of command I can send to flash movie along with my
closepreview() function? or is there any other way to stop all the
sounds when i click on "close" button? I know there are ways for .wav
or .midi audio file but I am not able to find anything for .swf or
..mov.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in the matter.

Thanks
Sheel