how to stop flash movie sound in a DHTML layer using javascript

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Sheel, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Sheel

    Sheel Guest

    Hi,
    I am new with JavaScript as well as with actionscipt and I need help
    with one problem.

    I have a website with thumbnails on it. When you click on small
    thumbnail a hidden layer will be visible with the larger image of it.
    I used code from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/thumbnail.htm

    I have modified the code for same thing but using flash
    movie[.swf]instead of .jpg. so when I click on image thumbnail it
    shows my hidden layer with .swf playing in it.
    Now the problem is this popup layer/window has a link that closes the
    layer[you can see the example on the link above] using the function
    written below.
    =============
    function closepreview(){
    crossobj.style.visibility="hidden"
    }
    =============
    everything works fine except when I play ".swf" with sound and try to
    close the layer/window, the movie stops playing but the sound
    continues to play till i hit BACK button of the browser or close the
    browser.

    Is there any kind of command I can send to flash movie along with my
    closepreview() function? or is there any other way to stop all the
    sounds when i click on "close" button? I know there are ways for .wav
    or .midi audio file but I am not able to find anything for .swf or
    ..mov.

    I would really appreciate if someone can help me in the matter.

    Thanks
    Sheel

    Sheel, Aug 30, 2004