how to stop offline saved pages to postback to the real site?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by George Birbilis, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. I have a problem with a big ASP.net app with users saving pages to the disk
    and then opening them from the disk, filing them and trying to post them
    back. Seems IE posts them back to the original website!!!

    And not only that, but ASP.net replies normally then as if the user had
    visited a website's page

    So I may have a user saving off the login page, then logging in from the
    offline saved page. It will log them in OK, but later on as they navigate to
    pages, the URLs won't resolve OK and they will see errors (my error
    redirection page). From my logs I see the URLs are to items like
    ....mywebsite\titleofpage.files\thepage.aspx or even
    mywebsite\cache\titleofpage.files_or_somenumber\thepage.aspx

    any suggestions?

    George Birbilis <>
    + QuickTime VCL and ActiveX controls (for PowerPoint/VB/Delphi etc.)
    + Plugs VCL and ActiveX controls (InterProcess/Internet communication)
    + TransFormations, VB6 forms to ASP.net WebForms convertion
    http://www.kagi.com/birbilis
    + Robotics
    http://www.mech.upatras.gr/~robgroup
    George Birbilis, Dec 2, 2003