    Any help would be very appreciated.

    Thanks

    Michael
    klappnase, Jul 28, 2003

  2. klappnase

    klappnase Guest

    Jeff Epler <> wrote in message news:<>...

    Thanks for the feedback,

    > For systems using xscreensaver, see xscreensaver-command(1).
    >
    > You could use
    > xscreensaver-command -throttle
    > to force screen blanking (not screensaver) when the system is idle
    > or
    > xscreensaver-command -exit
    > to force the screensaver process to exit. In the former case, you would
    > use
    > xscreensaver-command -unthrottle
    > to restart the screensaver, and in the latter case
    > xscreensaver -nosplash
    > in the latter.
    >
    > This is not robust if multiple processes all try to manipulate the
    > screensaver without some additional kind of locking.
    >
    > Jeff

    I know this, but what I had in mind was, if there is a way to disable
    the screensaver directly from within python/tkinter while a certain
    process inside my application is running (it is the recording issue I
    have posted here a while ago, where it seems like memory leaks occur
    while recording when a screensaver starts up).
    The basic problem with the xscreensaver command is of course that it
    will not work if kde-screensavers are used.
    I am sorry if this is a silly question, I just thought it might be
    easier to disable the screensaver while recording than to try a
    workaround for the snack recording function; maybe what I want is
    simply not possible.

    Best regards

    Michael
    klappnase, Jul 29, 2003