    How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    View>Source menu option ?

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Aaron Gray wrote:

    > How do you stop the HTML source for a page
    > being viewed on Windows View>Source menu option ?

    [X] You only know Microsoft Windows. [psf 2.8]
    [X] You only know Internet Explorer. [psf 2.9]

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Aaron Gray

    Lee Guest

    Aaron Gray said:

    >How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    >View>Source menu option ?

    Before asking a question in a newsgroup, always read several posts, or at least
    their titles, and see if you can find a pointer to the FAQ.

    This entry refers to hiding Javascript, but it also applies to hiding HTML:

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_1
    Lee, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Aaron Gray

    Evertjan. Guest

    Aaron Gray wrote on 11 nov 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    >View>Source menu option ?

    You mean switching of the menu item?

    <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp>

    Just joking ;-}

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 11, 2005
  5. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <> writes:

    > Aaron Gray wrote:
    >
    >> How do you stop the HTML source for a page
    >> being viewed on Windows View>Source menu option ?

    > [X] You only know Microsoft Windows. [psf 2.8]
    > [X] You only know Internet Explorer. [psf 2.9]

    Well, maybe that is all the poster needs. In fact, maybe he is
    painfully aware that it is impossible to prevent in any other browser,
    and confines his question to the one browser where it would not be
    unexpected if it was possible.

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Nov 11, 2005
  6. Lasse Reichstein Nielsen wrote:

    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <> writes:
    >> Aaron Gray wrote:
    >>> How do you stop the HTML source for a page
    >>> being viewed on Windows View>Source menu option ?

    >> [X] You only know Microsoft Windows. [psf 2.8]
    >> [X] You only know Internet Explorer. [psf 2.9]

    > Well, maybe that is all the poster needs. In fact, maybe he is
    > painfully aware that it is impossible to prevent in any other browser,
    > and confines his question to the one browser where it would not be
    > unexpected if it was possible.

    It is hard to believe that a person asking an IE-related question without
    mentioning IE at all does really know that there is another browser for
    the mentioned operating system_s_ (note that the OS version was omitted
    as well). He wrote "_Windows_ View>Source", not "IE's View>Source".
    If he wrote the latter, perhaps I would have replied differently.

    I have heard too many people complaining that "the Internet does not work"
    when they activate the "Internet (Explorer)" icon on their Windows desktop
    and IE hangs/crashes for some reason :)

    Regards,
    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 11, 2005
  7. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    >>> [X] You only know Microsoft Windows. [psf 2.8]
    >>> [X] You only know Internet Explorer. [psf 2.9]

    >> Well, maybe that is all the poster needs. In fact, maybe he is
    >> painfully aware that it is impossible to prevent in any other browser,
    >> and confines his question to the one browser where it would not be
    >> unexpected if it was possible.

    > It is hard to believe that a person asking an IE-related question without
    > mentioning IE at all does really know that there is another browser for
    > the mentioned operating system_s_ (note that the OS version was omitted
    > as well). He wrote "_Windows_ View>Source", not "IE's View>Source".
    > If he wrote the latter, perhaps I would have replied differently.

    Sorry I did not have predantic mode switched on :)

    I have a Linux Laptop as well as a Windoz one, but tend to be a Windozer.
    I do like IE however, its great appart from not having SVG and MathML built
    in :(

    > I have heard too many people complaining that "the Internet does not work"
    > when they activate the "Internet (Explorer)" icon on their Windows desktop
    > and IE hangs/crashes for some reason :)

    I am a C++ and x86 assembler programmer as well.

    But I do tend to act like a dumb Windowzer at times so do not be too hard on
    me :)

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  8. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    >> How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    >>View>Source menu option ?

    > You mean switching of the menu item?
    >
    > <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp>
    >
    > Just joking ;-}

    Thats a GIF !

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  9. Aaron Gray

    Safalra Guest

    Safalra, Nov 11, 2005
  10. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    > <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp>

    Has this got a virus or trojan in it ?

    My system has a process thats eating 99% of the timeslice !

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  11. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    > How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    > View>Source menu option ?

    On IE goto Google, goto 'Personalized Home' (Top Right). Select View>Source
    and nothing happens !

    Just interested in how it does it.

    It does not work on Flock/Firefox ! hehehe :)

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  12. Aaron Gray wrote:

    >> <http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp>

    > Has this got a virus or trojan in it ?

    1. It's Trojan _Horse_. The Trojans were the attacked, not the attacker
    (the Greeks were) :)

    2. Unlikely.

    > My system has a process thats eating 99% of the timeslice !

    $ GET http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp
    GIF87aR¨÷3fÌÿ333f33Ì3ÿ3f3ffffÌfÿf3fÌÿÌ3ÌfÌÌÌÌÿÌÿ3ÿfÿÿÌÿ[...]

    shows that a GIF resource is served, however the Content-Type header is
    missing. It appears that some user agents try to display the content as
    plain text if that header is missing.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 11, 2005
  13. Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    > Aaron Gray wrote:
    >> [<http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp>]
    >> My system has a process thats eating 99% of the timeslice !

    > $ GET http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp
    > GIF87aR¨÷3fÌÿ333f33Ì3ÿ3f3ffffÌfÿf3fÌÿÌ3ÌfÌÌÌÌÿÌÿ3ÿfÿÿÌÿ[...]
    >
    > shows that a GIF resource is served, however the Content-Type header is
    > missing. It appears that some user agents try to display the content as
    > plain text if that header is missing.

    OK, I should have used the -e option:

    $ GET -e http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp
    Cache-Control: private
    Connection: close
    Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:05:46 GMT
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

    GIF87aR¨÷3fÌÿ333f33Ì3ÿ3f3ffffÌfÿf3fÌÿÌ3ÌfÌÌÌÌÿÌÿ3ÿfÿÿÌÿÿÿ333f33Ì3ÿ[...]

    It's no virus or Trojan Horse anyway.

    PointedEars
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Nov 11, 2005
  14. Aaron Gray

    McKirahan Guest

    "Aaron Gray" <> wrote in message
    > > How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    > > View>Source menu option ?

    > On IE goto Google, goto 'Personalized Home' (Top Right). Select

    View>Source
    > and nothing happens !
    >
    > Just interested in how it does it.
    >
    > It does not work on Flock/Firefox ! hehehe :)
    >
    > Aaron

    Open the page, wait 10 minutes, then try View+Source.

    This line is the cause:
    McKirahan, Nov 11, 2005
  15. Aaron Gray

    Evertjan. Guest

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote on 11 nov 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:

    >> shows that a GIF resource is served, however the Content-Type header is
    >> missing. It appears that some user agents try to display the content as
    >> plain text if that header is missing.

    > OK, I should have used the -e option:
    >
    > $ GET -e http://devrijehuisarts.org/test/noViewSource.asp
    > Cache-Control: private
    > Connection: close
    > Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:05:46 GMT
    > Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

    Ah, good, I was sure I did put the "Content-Type: image/GIF" in

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Nov 11, 2005
  16. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    > It's no virus or Trojan Horse anyway.

    Oh. Some one/thing just hacked me then :(

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  17. Aaron Gray

    Aaron Gray Guest

    > Open the page, wait 10 minutes, then try View+Source.
    >
    > This line is the cause:

    Ah. I'd never of fathomed that one. Cheers. Good job I never looked too
    hard.

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Nov 11, 2005
  18. In article <>, says...
    > How do you stop the HTML source for a page being viewed on Windows
    > View>Source menu option ?

    If you've got to ask, you don't need to know.

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 11, 2005