    Any hints?

    --
    Felipe Contreras
    Felipe Contreras, May 11, 2007

  2. On 5/12/07, Doug Phillips <> wrote:
    > > Not sure how to answer that one, but it seems it may have to
    > > do with the list setup. That, or the settings you used when
    > > you subscribed.
    > > I'm fairly certain that it happens on all of the lists I'm
    > > on, or at least most of them. Then again, I'm not really all
    > > that focused on it.

    > Most ML software has an option to not send a message that you sent to
    > you - mailman has a nodupes option, etc.
    >
    > Browsing through the command help just now, I didn't find an equivalent
    > for whatever software handles the backend for ruby-talk, so I'd say
    > you're probably stuck there.
    >
    > As for a gmail filter (or any other filter), you might try looking for
    > messages that were sent to the ruby-talk list and by you, then drop
    > those in the trash. I'm not a gmail user on a regular basis, so I have
    > not tested and the usual disclaimers apply ;)

    Yeah, that's what I thought.

    I have seen that mailman has that option, so I can configure it. But
    not with this ML manager.

    I like the ping back option, in fact I wanted to enable it in my
    mailman subscriptions, but not after I saw how Gmail handles it.

    I see two emails, one appears as a reply of the one before, and all
    the text is compressed in a kind of ugly way.

    Unfortunately my Gmail requests for features seem to always go to the trash.

    Hopefully someone can implement this option in the ruby-talk ML manager.

    --
    Felipe Contreras
    Felipe Contreras, May 18, 2007