How to store a predetermined value in memory.

dhbrewer

A 16-bit word needs to be stored in memory and then outputted to be
compared to a value from a FFT. What is the best way to store this
value in memory?

Ajeetha

Hi,
What's the purpose? If it is for Verification, then try reading it
from a file or via your simulator's command line. If it is to be
synthesised, then how about loading it via a memory interface?

HTH
Ajeetha
www.noveldv.com

dhbrewer

The purpose was to take the predetermined value from the memory and
output it to a comparator which is a 2 input comparator. The other
input from the comparator was from the FFT. If the condition matches in
the comparator then the comparator will send out a 1 which will drive
an LED. Just not sure how to have a predetermind value ready for
processing.

sjulhes

I would say there are several solutions :

Initializing a std_logic_vector : my_vector <= x"FFyourValueToCompareFF";
Intializing a constant;
Just use the constant value in your test : if ( myFFTresult =
x"MyConstant" ) then

This is fixed in .bit fpga configuration file, so to change the constant
value you have to run the flow again.

A single vhdl affectation will make the