How to store name/value pairs in DataGrid?

Jon J.

I want to show a Status name in a BoundColumn, and somehow save its ID so I
can retrieve it later. I have tried using a 2nd BoundColumn that is hidden
(Visible="False"), but the hidden column is not accessible using this in the
Update event:

public void OnUpdate(object sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs e)
{
TableCell pidCell = e.Item.Cells[1];

Jon J.

Sorry, that was a premature ENTER key. =]

I meant to add that the TableCell I want to extract from is blank. I am
binding the grid with a DataTable (for paging), so I assume there is a way to
ref that table?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jon