How to store property values of custom controls to *.aspx.resx files at design time?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by theis.netronic@freenet.de, Feb 2, 2005.

    I am building an web server custom control with a complex string
    property. The values of his property are very large strings looking
    like contents of *.ini-files. At design time the current property
    value is written to the webform.aspx-file.

    To avoid blowing up the aspx-file I want to know, whether there is a
    chance to store the property value at design time into the
    webform.aspx.resx–file analogue to windows forms controls, the
    properties of which are stored into the windowsform.resx-file.

    Another advantage of such a solution would be that the users of my
    custom control are not tempted to change the property value with a
    text editor risking the destruction of their web application.

    Thanks in advance.

    Juergen

    , Feb 2, 2005