how to store/ retrieve display rich text using access memo field

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rajpsmohan@googlemail.com, Mar 26, 2009.

  1. Guest

    hi there my people,
    hello again , i have a project .iam stuck with this problem.
    basically i have a text box in which user can type rich text(i.e
    multiline formatted text only.no images or serious rich text.just
    formatted text).

    how would i go about store/retrieve and display the formatted as the
    user entered..

    i have checked all the google results and ebooks for resources. they
    all lead astray and there is no clear tutorial or sample in this
    matter.

    pls could you help me, by showing lets say

    1) table in access with one memo field.
    2) function to save the textbox formatted text to access memo field.
    2) function to retrieve the memo field formatted and display it
    appropriately formatted.

    thanks
    raja ps mohan

    , Mar 26, 2009

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed writing
    in news:ac8b2ea9-5f4e-45c7-8371-3fe3e8fb2140
    @h28g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

    > hi there my people,

    First, I am not your people.

    > hello again , i have a project .iam stuck with this problem.

    Please learn to use proper capitalization, and punctuation. It makes
    reading your post easier on the rest of us.

    > basically i have a text box in which user can type rich text(i.e
    > multiline formatted text only.no images or serious rich text.just
    > formatted text).

    How are you allowing them to do this? Are you using javascript to do
    this? What do you get when the information comes back? Are you using
    post or get method?

    > how would i go about store/retrieve and display the formatted as the
    > user entered..

    Well, there you go... I just asked whether you were using post or get
    method. Do you have a URL where we can see what you are doing? If you
    don't you could put it up on one of the free servers somewhere.

    > i have checked all the google results and ebooks for resources. they
    > all lead astray and there is no clear tutorial or sample in this
    > matter.

    I think you really might want to learn basic HTML concepts before you
    start with server side.

    > pls could you help me, by showing lets say
    >
    > 1) table in access with one memo field.

    RTM

    > 2) function to save the textbox formatted text to access memo field.

    Again, you are not telling us what comes back to you when the user has
    hit the submit button. I am assuming it might be something like:
    textarea:<p>This is a paragraph</p>

    In which case, you will want to write a query to insert the data into
    your table.

    Be very mindful, however, of dynamic SQL. Google for parameterized
    queries - perhaps Bob will be around shortly with his comments and
    links.

    > 2) function to retrieve the memo field formatted and display it
    > appropriately formatted.

    If you just dump the information to the screen, you will not need to do
    much formatting, except perhaps some CSS, eg:

    response.write textinfo
    ----- output ---------

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 26, 2009

  3. barcaboy Guest

    hi,
    well a few days ago I came across tinymce which is a great free rich
    textbox, have look at this demonstration of tinymnce(richtextbox) with
    asp.net
    athttp://www.dottostring.com/2008/11/how-to-add-javascript-wysiwyg-editor-richtextbox-in-aspnet-website/

    cheers

    barcaboy, Apr 6, 2009
  4. barcaboy Guest

    hi,
    well a few days ago I came across tinymce which is a great free rich
    textbox, have look at this demonstration of tinymnce(richtextbox) with
    asp.net at
    http://www.dottostring.com/2008/11/...-wysiwyg-editor-richtextbox-in-aspnet-website

    cheers

    barcaboy, Apr 6, 2009
  5. Bob Barrows Guest

    barcaboy wrote:
    > hi,
    > well a few days ago I came across tinymce which is a great free rich
    > textbox, have look at this demonstration of tinymnce(richtextbox) with
    > asp.net at
    > http://www.dottostring.com/2008/11/...-wysiwyg-editor-richtextbox-in-aspnet-website

    Unless that tool can be used by classic COM-based ASP, then this suggestion
    really is not relevant, is it.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
    "NO SPAM"