how to store/ retrieve display rich text using access memo field

rajpsmohan

hi there my people,
hello again , i have a project .iam stuck with this problem.
basically i have a text box in which user can type rich text(i.e
multiline formatted text only.no images or serious rich text.just
formatted text).

how would i go about store/retrieve and display the formatted as the
user entered..

i have checked all the google results and ebooks for resources. they
all lead astray and there is no clear tutorial or sample in this
matter.

pls could you help me, by showing lets say

1) table in access with one memo field.
2) function to save the textbox formatted text to access memo field.
2) function to retrieve the memo field formatted and display it
appropriately formatted.

thanks
raja ps mohan

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing
in @h28g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:
hi there my people,

First, I am not your people.
hello again , i have a project .iam stuck with this problem.

Please learn to use proper capitalization, and punctuation. It makes
reading your post easier on the rest of us.
basically i have a text box in which user can type rich text(i.e
multiline formatted text only.no images or serious rich text.just
formatted text).

How are you allowing them to do this? Are you using javascript to do
this? What do you get when the information comes back? Are you using
post or get method?
how would i go about store/retrieve and display the formatted as the
user entered..

Well, there you go... I just asked whether you were using post or get
method. Do you have a URL where we can see what you are doing? If you
don't you could put it up on one of the free servers somewhere.
i have checked all the google results and ebooks for resources. they
all lead astray and there is no clear tutorial or sample in this
matter.

I think you really might want to learn basic HTML concepts before you
start with server side.
pls could you help me, by showing lets say

1) table in access with one memo field.
RTM

2) function to save the textbox formatted text to access memo field.

Again, you are not telling us what comes back to you when the user has
hit the submit button. I am assuming it might be something like:
textarea:<p>This is a paragraph</p>

In which case, you will want to write a query to insert the data into
your table.

Be very mindful, however, of dynamic SQL. Google for parameterized
queries - perhaps Bob will be around shortly with his comments and
links.
2) function to retrieve the memo field formatted and display it
appropriately formatted.

If you just dump the information to the screen, you will not need to do
much formatting, except perhaps some CSS, eg:

response.write textinfo