? How to - streaming audio and video using windows media... ?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by hzgt9b@nopost.com, Oct 26, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Using VS 2003, VB.NET and/or ASP.NET 2.0,

    BACKGROUND
    I have a window forms based application that contains a TreeView control and
    a WebBroswer (AxSHDocVw.AxWebBrowser) control. The TreeView is populated with
    nodes that when clicked play an audio clip from specified local or web URL
    and navigate the browser control to a specified local or web URL. Audio
    playback uses as hidden media player object AxWMPLib.AxWindowsMediaPlayer).

    PROBLEM
    My client now wants the application moved from a windows based app, to a web
    app. My plan is to use redevelop the app in ASP.NET 2.0.

    The biggest question I have is - how do I stream audio and/or video files
    from my ASP server to the client? Will I need special software and/or
    configurations on the server to allow streaming media?

    Can someone point me to some web resources on this topic or better yet post
    some example code?

    Thanks for any thoughts?

    celoftis

    , Oct 26, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Using VS 2003, VB.NET and/or ASP.NET 2.0,

    recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    to help you.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Oct 26, 2006

    Thanks for the pointer.

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > Using VS 2003, VB.NET and/or ASP.NET 2.0,
    > >

    > There was no way for you to know it (except maybe by browsing through
    > some of the previous questions before posting yours - always a
    > recommended practice), but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net is
    > a different technology from classic ASP. While you may be lucky enough
    > to find a dotnet-savvy person here who can answer your question, you
    > can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a newsgroup
    > where the dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.
    > There are also forums at www.asp.net where you can find a lot of people
    > to help you.
    >

    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET