how to submit iframed form to top or whole window

Sharkie

I have a document with couple of iframes. One of the iframes has a
simple form. When this form is submitted
I would like to display the results in whole (top) window as opposed
to just in the originating iframe.

Form is submitted to a servlet which returns new html page.

How can this be done?

In case of links I can do this by either specifying "_top" target, or
this onclick handler:
top.location=this.href;return false;

Works perfectly, but I can't make it work for form submit. I tried
executing this:
top.location=self.location;

both before the form submit and after, but neither works. I mean the
iframe does open in whole window,
but if executed before the submit, form will never get submitted, and
after the submit I lose the results.

Any help much appreciated.