how to switch off an echo from cin?

andwing

how enter the password? does not do it the cin?

I will use getpass from unistd, but this will be not universal
I thought, into Ñ++ there is for this the flag.

osmium

how to switch off an echo for reception of the password?
cin >> passwd;

It is not possible in the standard language. Your compiler or your OS
probably offers some extension that does what you want. So post to a
different newsgroup. The quickest answer might come from browsing Google
groups - it's a common question. Echo is not a commonly used word which
gives you a good start. The FAQ might be helpful too, I don't know.