    how to switch off an echo for reception of the password?
    cin >> passwd;
    , Aug 15, 2006

  2. Ian Collins Guest

    wrote:
    > how to switch off an echo for reception of the password?
    > cin >> passwd;

    That's specific to whatever terminal type you are using.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, Aug 15, 2006

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > That's specific to whatever terminal type you are using.

    how enter the password? does not do it the cin?

    --
    andr.ru
    , Aug 15, 2006

    wrote:
    > how enter the password? does not do it the cin?

    I will use getpass from unistd, but this will be not universal
    I thought, into Ñ++ there is for this the flag.

    --
    andr.ru
    , Aug 15, 2006
  5. osmium Guest

    <> wrote:

    > how to switch off an echo for reception of the password?
    > cin >> passwd;

    It is not possible in the standard language. Your compiler or your OS
    probably offers some extension that does what you want. So post to a
    different newsgroup. The quickest answer might come from browsing Google
    groups - it's a common question. Echo is not a commonly used word which
    gives you a good start. The FAQ might be helpful too, I don't know.
    osmium, Aug 15, 2006