how to take a data from one window to another

Vadivel Kumar

I have a aspx file which contains a listbox and text box, the functionality
what i need here is, when i click that button, a window will opened and it
will show lot of
details with the checkboxes, and user will select appropriate checkboxes and
presses the close button. once the close button is clicked the data (value
of the checkbox) which is selected should get returned to the parent page.

Iam doing my first project in asp.net, iam facing lot of problem in doing
this i want to know which is the right way to implement this one.

plz. suggest me!

Thanks in advance
Vadivel Kumar

Eliyahu Goldin

Vladivel,

To open another modal window you need to make a javascript call to showModalDialog
method. That is simple. The tricky part is how to pass back values of many
checkboxes. The easiest way is to create an DHTML object as store the values
you want to pass back in it as properties. Then you can pass the object in
returnValue property.

Eliyahu

Vadivel Kumar

Can you give me some example on this ?
My only problem is i can't read the data
of a text box or what ever it is thru my javascript
code, iam sure that javascript code is perfect. I doubt
the forms are declared as runat server, so it is not
able to identify the form.

Thanks in Advance
Vadivel Kumar