how to tell if asp & iis are working??

Guest

Hello
With XP pro, I've installed the IIS and there is a problem somewhere, but I don't know where. Inside the wwwroot folder, the asp pages have the unknown icon and are not recognized
In 'admin tools', the new icons are there
When I open the browser and enter 'http://localhost/FolderName/PageName.asp'. I get a server application error. The System Event Log, with Event ID # 36 and source W3SVC, says
'the server failed to load application /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/FolderName'. The error was 'Class not registered'
What would be the first step in troubleshooting, run basic code? Or is the answer in the log