How to tell Tomcat 6, that JVM has changed

fmbsg-hallo

Hi all,

I've got fresh installation of a Tomcat 6.0.14 Binary distribution on
a W2K-system ("System 2"). Example and status pages work fine. After
"deploying" a WAR-file from a different PC ("System 1"), where it
worked fine on a second Tomcat installation, I received a
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError in catalina.log of System 2.
This seems correct to me, since I compiled in Eclipse "compliant to
Java 6" on System 1, while System 2 was running a 1.5.0_06-JVM.

I've downloaded a brand new JRE from SUN and installed it on System 2.
Typing in "java -version" now gives 1.6.0_02 on the command line. But
Tomcat still shows 1.5.0_06 in his server status pages. Although after
reboot and so on.

How do I tell Tomcat to use the newer JRE ???

Any hints appreciated...

Frank

Manish Pandit

Hi all,

I've got fresh installation of a Tomcat 6.0.14 Binary distribution on
a W2K-system ("System 2"). Example and status pages work fine. After
"deploying" a WAR-file from a different PC ("System 1"), where it
worked fine on a second Tomcat installation, I received a
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError in catalina.log of System 2.
This seems correct to me, since I compiled in Eclipse "compliant to
Java 6" on System 1, while System 2 was running a 1.5.0_06-JVM.

I've downloaded a brand new JRE from SUN and installed it on System 2.
Typing in "java -version" now gives 1.6.0_02 on the command line. But
Tomcat still shows 1.5.0_06 in his server status pages. Although after
reboot and so on.

How do I tell Tomcat to use the newer JRE ???

Any hints appreciated...

Frank

Before you start tomcat, set environment variable JAVA_HOME to point
to the new installation.

set JAVA_HOME=<Path to the new JDK/JRE>

To make sure..

echo %JAVA_HOME%

Make sure the path is what you expected. Then start tomcat

startup.bat

-cheers,
Manish