How to tell VS 2002 to use framework 1.1?

Eric Cadwell

AFAIK VS 2002 only uses 1.0. You cannot configure it to use 1.1. VS 2003
does allow you to choose the runtime in the build configuration.

You can redirect 1.0 applications onto 1.1 runtime using a config file with
BindingRedirect. In this case you compile in VS with 1.0 and run on 1.1.
Just be sure to check compatiblity and do lots of testing. I have found that
running 1.0 code on 1.1 solved a few performance issues (winforms).

http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/changeinfo/default.aspx

-Eric