    using xml within their three tier architecture

    thanks in advance
    , Feb 28, 2008

  2. Re: How to tell whether or not a 3 tier architecture structure isor inst using XML

    wrote:
    > definition or an opinion on how to tell whether or not a company is
    > using xml within their three tier architecture

    First, I need a definition of "three tier architecture"; I'm not
    familiar with that term.

    There's certainly no way to tell whether XML is being used on the back
    end except by asking the company...

    Joseph Kesselman, Feb 28, 2008

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    On 28 Feb, 16:08, wrote:
    > its role in three tier architecture

    The tiers must communicate. SOAP (et al.) is a good means of doing
    this for many cases. Many such architectures will use XML, but it's
    impossible to tell if it isn't glaringly obvious. XML doesn't leave
    "traces" behind.

    > whether or not a company is
    > using xml within their three tier architecture

    "Any Enterprise architecture expands until it uses XML for at least
    one inappropriate task".
    (a corollary of the law that requires emacs to read email,
    probably citeable from the site <http://thedailywtf.com> )
    Andy Dingley, Feb 29, 2008