    Let's say I have created a new custom control - one that needs to be put in
    the Toolbox, in order to drag it to the web page

    How do I test it, in order to debug and step through the code?
    Elmo Watson, Sep 3, 2007

  2. The best way is to have a solution with two projects in it.
    One project is your custom control.
    The other program is the test harness (web application?)
    From your web application, add a project reference to your custom control
    project.
    After compiling the solution, your custom control should appear in the
    toolbox for your web application.
    You can then drag the control onto a web form and test it out.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Sep 3, 2007