how to test an applet has been loaded for execution

subbu

hi all,
When no JVM is there then applet would be loaded. i want this scenario
to be handled..

Also when signed applets failed to get verifed it shows warning.. when
user has rejected to run the applet.. Then applet would run.. I want
this to be handled at the rigth way..

so for i used

<script>
window.document.onunload ="checkApplet();";
function checkApplet()
{
try
{
document.applets["myapplet]".getCodeBase();

}
catch (err)
{
//exception will occcur when applet fails for any reason

</script>

but i want checkApplet function to execute when applet as soon failure
occurs..

Thanks,
subbu

Andrew Thompson

subbu wrote:

(possible repost on my part)
When no JVM is there then applet would be loaded. i want this scenario
to be handled.. ....
<script>

Have you considered that the browser with no JVM
might also have no Flash, no *JavaScript*?

The most reliable way to handle 'no JVM' is valid HTML
that keeps the end-user informed of any problems.

Andrew T.