How to test the VHDL codec that implements a part function of C source code?

Lee

I am going to write a codec to implement a part of one system and make
a hardware accelerator. I have C source code for whole system. If the
vhdl codec is ready, how to test it is a good idea?

I plan to run simulation for combination of C code and VHDL code. When
C source code run to the entry point of VHDL, write the intermediate
results into file and call VHDL simulator and VHDL simulator read the
file. After VHDL simulation, write the result into file and return to
C code and C source code can read the results and run furthur. But I
don't how to call VHDL simulation during C source code running.

Generally, what is a good way for this cosimulation and to
test?Thanks,

Charles Bailey

Probably you ought to look at an approach that has the VHDL simulator
call the C code, instead of the other way around.