    Where can I find the equivalent for Python distributions?

    Thanks!

    kynn

    kj, Nov 4, 2009

  2. kj

    Lutz Horn Guest

    Lutz Horn, Nov 4, 2009

  3. On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:06:45 +0100, Lutz Horn wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > kj wrote:
    >> I want to write some tests for code that uses both urllib and urllib2.

    > Take a look at the discussion under the title "How can one mock/stub
    > python module like urllib" at stackoverflow:
    >
    > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/295438/how-can-one-mock-stub-python-

    module-like-urllib

    Oh noes!!! Ur fragmenting teh python communities!!!!1!!! DO NOT WANT!!!

    *grin*

    (And for those who don't know what on earth I'm referring to, see the
    thread "Pyfora, a place for python".)

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Nov 4, 2009
  4. En Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:33:53 -0300, kj <> escribió:

    > I'm sure I could find
    > some good answers to my question above if I could look at the test
    > suites for urllib and urllib2, but I can't find them anywhere. In
    > fact, I don't even know what exactly I should be looking for.)
    > Where can I find the equivalent for Python distributions?

    Most of the Python test suite is in the "test" subdirectory below the
    standard library; on Windows that's c:\PythonNN\Lib\test, on Linux
    /usr/lib/pythonN.N/test or /usr/local/...

    > dir /s/b test_url*.py

    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib.py
    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2.py
    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2net.py
    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2_localnet.py
    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllibnet.py
    D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urlparse.py

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Nov 5, 2009
  5. kj

    kj Guest

    kj, Nov 5, 2009
  6. kj

    kj Guest

    In <> "Gabriel Genellina" <> writes:

    >En Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:33:53 -0300, kj <> escribió:

    >> I'm sure I could find
    >> some good answers to my question above if I could look at the test
    >> suites for urllib and urllib2, but I can't find them anywhere. In
    >> fact, I don't even know what exactly I should be looking for.)
    >> Where can I find the equivalent for Python distributions?

    >Most of the Python test suite is in the "test" subdirectory below the
    >standard library; on Windows that's c:\PythonNN\Lib\test, on Linux
    >/usr/lib/pythonN.N/test or /usr/local/...

    >> dir /s/b test_url*.py

    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib.py
    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2.py
    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2net.py
    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllib2_localnet.py
    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urllibnet.py
    >D:\apps\Python26\Lib\test\test_urlparse.py

    Muy agradecido,

    kynn

    kj, Nov 5, 2009