    Thanks,

    ChrisN

    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. I managed to accomplish this using FrontPage while working on a
    Sharepoint site a while ago. You can use the style attribute and then
    set border-color, border-width, etc. I would imagine a css class would
    be effective too, although I have not tried that with a FileUpload
    control.

    e.g.
    <asp:FileUpload ID="FileUpload1" runat="server"
    style="border-color:#b8b8b8;"/>

    Hope this helps.

    -Chris Lincoln

    Chris Lincoln, Jul 20, 2006

    check out the fileupload control from metabuilders, let's you add
    server styles:

    http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/FileUpload.aspx

    neil

    wrote:
    > Theming seems only to affect the text box of a FileUpload control, not
    > the Browse button. Is there any way to theme the button as well?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > ChrisN

    , Jul 20, 2006
  4. tfsmag Guest

    It is not possible to style the actual button on an file upload. I have
    seen a hack that uses CSS to place a "fake" style over the top of the
    button.. here is a link that explains it better.

    http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

    tfsmag, Jul 20, 2006
  5. LeeAdama

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Straight forward styling of FileUpload without CSS hacks

    I found an excellent post about styling this without using any CSS hacks :) Mathias Kunto has a few lines of jQuery and some codebehind: http://blog.mathiaskunto.com/2012/0...aspfileupload-control-using-control-adapters/

    LeeAdama, Jan 28, 2012