HOW TO Track How Many Recipients Open Your Mail IN RAILS

Tony Augustine

HOW TO Track How Many Recipients Open Your Mail IN RAILS?

please help me PROVIDE SOLUTIONS AND STEPS OR ELSE ANY PLUGIN

Kevin Hopkins

Email tracking can be done with a fair amount of accuracy but it is a pain
to implement. The basic theory is that you can embed a 1px by 1px image in
your emails that must be downloaded from your server. When the user loads
the email, as long as they allow it to request images from external servers,
the image will be linked with a unique query string that when the image is
requested, is passed via the url to your rails controller. This unique
identifier can be matched via your models to the specific user that has that
token associated with their account. Once checking with the model, checking
out what email user made the request, the controller then rather than
rendering html or partial actually returns an image back to the user request
and as far as they know, most users wont be able to tell the difference.

this is not 100% accurate though and will take time to implement. There
arent any plugins or gems that I know of being available that handle this.
Maybe I'm wrong and someone else will know though

--Kevin

This is really the most accurate way but takes alot of jumping through hoops
to get it to work.

Walton Hoops

[...]

It also doesn't work if the users client blocks remote content (most do).

Mathew Augustine

It also doesn't work if the users client blocks remote content (most do).

hallo sir can help me in how to track the forwaard mails and
whether its opened by user