    thanks
    -Claudio
    , Jul 9, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
    > websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
    > how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
    > sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.

    Stick a logging proxy server between your browser and the WWW.

    I'd probably knock one up with Perl's HTTP::proxy module.
    http://search.cpan.org/search?query=HTTP::Proxy

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    On 9 Jul 2005 12:46:11 -0700, wrote:

    >how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?

    Try Firefox and look at the many freebie extensions that are
    downloadable for it. There are several header viewers that will allow
    you to track the HTTP traffic. I'm using "Live HTTP Headers"
    Andy Dingley, Jul 10, 2005
  4. data64 Guest

    wrote in news:1120938371.823625.139310
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
    > websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
    > how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
    > sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.
    > thanks

    I use wget for this.
    wget -Sv http://somewebpage
    will show all the headers being returned from the browser.

    The same kind of information can be obtained using the LiveHttpHeaders
    extension for both Firefox and Mozilla Seamonkey.

    data64
    data64, Jul 12, 2005

    thanks a lot
    livehttp works perfectly