how to track loaded sites

vinegoni

sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.
thanks
-Claudio

David Dorward

sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.

Stick a logging proxy server between your browser and the WWW.

I'd probably knock one up with Perl's HTTP::proxy module.
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=HTTP::Proxy

Andy Dingley

how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?

Try Firefox and look at the many freebie extensions that are
downloadable for it. There are several header viewers that will allow
you to track the HTTP traffic. I'm using "Live HTTP Headers"

data64

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
sometime when I load a page, you can see that a sequence of different
websites are loaded before finally arriving at the destination webpage.
how can I track the entire sequence of pages that were loaded?
sometime the loading sequence is so fast that I can not read it.
thanks

I use wget for this.
wget -Sv http://somewebpage
will show all the headers being returned from the browser.

The same kind of information can be obtained using the LiveHttpHeaders
extension for both Firefox and Mozilla Seamonkey.

data64