how to transfer a file that created in server to client computer?

TaeHo Yoo

Does anyone know that how to create a file in client computer that is
exactly the same flle as the one in my server?

What I am trying to do exactly is client could create a crystal report
in our website and if this client want to export this report in doc or
pdf format they should be able to do it.
What is happening at the moment is when our client clicks on "export
this report" button, this creates a report in our server which we don't
want. I would like to create a file in client local computer. How to do
this?
Any idea? much appreciated..

Esteban Felipe

In a web application?... I believe that security
considerations don't allow that (imagine all the virus
that lamerz would create in client machines!).. You will
have to create the file in your server, send the file to
the client and delete it from the server. Just be carefull
with naming

TaeHo Yoo

Thanks Esteban Felipe.
That was my question.
I could create a file in my server and delete it later.
But,how to send the file I created to the client computer?

Many thanks

TaeHo Yoo

Thanks Rajesh.V,

but our client wants to have it in their local computer straight away.

Rajesh.V

Then go for and Winform user control and embed in webform after building
your own solution to transfer the file created on the web. This will be a
long way.