How to transfer data from a GridView to an Excel worksheet.

Steve Kershaw

Hi,

I'm working on a project in which I have a Gridview that has data.
That Gridview data must be then exported to an Excel spreadsheet.

I have successfully displayed the Excel spreadsheet and fill it with
data using the Range.InvokeMember(...) method:

Range range2 = worksheet.get_Range("A1", "L1");
Object[] args2 = new Object[1];
args2[0] = header; // an array of 12 members
range2.GetType().InvokeMember("Value", BindingFlags.SetProperty,
null, range2, args2);

So I know how to do that. How do I extract the data from the
GridView???

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve

nahid

Hi,

I'm working on a project in which I have a Gridview that has data.
That Gridview data must be then exported to an Excel spreadsheet.

I have successfully displayed the Excel spreadsheet and fill it with
data using the Range.InvokeMember(...) method:

Range range2 = worksheet.get_Range("A1", "L1");
Object[] args2 = new Object[1];
args2[0] = header; // an array of 12 members
range2.GetType().InvokeMember("Value", BindingFlags.SetProperty,
null, range2, args2);

So I know how to do that. How do I extract the data from the
GridView???

Thanks in advance for your help.
Steve

hi,
try this modify a bit as your enviormrnt

//data view use for grid bing
protected DataView dvB = null;
protected void ExportToExcel()
{
Response.Clear();
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition",
"attachment;filename=FileName.xls");
Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.xls";
System.IO.StringWriter stringWrite = new
System.IO.StringWriter();
System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter htmlWrite = new
HtmlTextWriter(stringWrite);
DataGrid dg = new DataGrid();

//get table fron dataview....in your case some how try to
get the table
DataTable temp = dvB.Table.Clone();
DataTable exportTable = dvB.Table;

for (int i = 0; i < temp.Columns.Count; i++)
{
if (temp.Columns.ColumnName.Contains("Id") == true)
{

exportTable.Columns.Remove(temp.Columns.ColumnName);

dg.DataSource = exportTable;
dg.DataBind();
dg.RenderControl(htmlWrite);
Response.Write(stringWrite.ToString());