How to transfer java projects in Eclipse from one computer to another?

Ruan

I have over 60 java projects developed in Eclipse on one of my PCs. Now this
pc is infected with virus and spyware. I want to transfer these projects to
the Eclipse in another computer.

Is there any convenient way to do this? Or do I have to set up the projects
one by one?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Ruan said:
I have over 60 java projects developed in Eclipse on one of my PCs. Now this
pc is infected with virus and spyware. I want to transfer these projects to
the Eclipse in another computer.

Is there any convenient way to do this? Or do I have to set up the projects
one by one?

Eclipse projects are self contained.

If you copy the workspace from one PC to another PC, then
it should work fine.

Arne

John Ruan

It doesn't work. Even if I import the project, the project doesn't work as
it used to do: too many errors!

I am mad at Eclipse.

Sanjay

John said:
It doesn't work. Even if I import the project, the project doesn't work as
it used to do: too many errors!

I am mad at Eclipse.

Eclipse stores its workspace related settings in .metadata (on *nix
don't know about windows) in the workspace directory.

You do not actually need to import projects. Just copy your entire
workspace directory to another computer and on that computer use that
directory as your workspace. You will get everything as it was except
for the saved passwords.

Your errors may be because of libraries in classpath.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

John said:
It doesn't work. Even if I import the project, the project doesn't work as
it used to do: too many errors!

If you can open the project then it has worked.

The error is likely due to missing libraries different Java
versions or other issues.

But we can not say what based on the description "too many errors".

Arne

Rishi Khare

If you can open the project then it has worked.

The error is likely due to missing libraries different Java
versions or other issues.

But we can not say what based on the description "too many errors".

Arne

well thats not the problem, please do it this way.
1. make sure you are in your default java perspective
2. right click on your project folder in package-explorer
3. select export
4. in resulting window click on general->archive file
5. then click on next ,it will show you option to find out what all
files you want to save in your archive
6. in To Archive File , type the name of project or name by which you
want to save the file
7. click finish.
this will export your project to zip/tar (whichever you selected)
now safely transfer your files to another system and then again in
your workspace
1.do a right click
2.select import
then import from a archive file and give path to your file
it will automatically import complete project to your current
workspace and will make all necessary path/settings
and if your target eclipse environment is same/better than previous
one, there should be no error at all.

hope it helps.
-Rishi