How to trap System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.?

Jack Wright

Dear All,
I have a web Application "http://localhost/Web/WebForm1.aspx" that
calls a WebService from
"http://localhost/webserviceapp/service1.asmx"...I have set the
executionTimeout to 10 secs in Web.Config where my WebService is
installed.
<httpRuntime executionTimeout="10" appRequestQueueLimit="2" />

When I call a method "TestPlan" which takes more than 10 secs my web
Page gets the following error:
Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html;
charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the
error message: --
Server Error in '/WebServiceApp' Application.

Request timed out.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:
[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

How do trap this error in an elagant way and show it to the user?
I tried to trap the error on Application_Error function of Global.asax
of both my Web page and the WebService...
Sub Application_Error(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As EventArgs)
' Get the actual error that brought us here
Dim ex As Exception = _
Server.GetLastError.InnerException
' Display basic error information
Response.Write("An error occurred in the application:<br>")
Response.Write(ex.Message & "<br>")
Response.Write("Stack trace:<br>")
Dim s As StringBuilder = New StringBuilder(ex.StackTrace)
Response.Write(s.Replace(" at ", " at<br> "))
Response.End()
' Clear the error
Server.ClearError()
End Sub
But it did not work...I tried to trap the event on the Page's onError
method too it did not work...could someone please help...

TALIA

Many Regards
Jack