How to trap System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jack Wright, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Jack Wright

    Jack Wright Guest

    Dear All,
    I have a web Application "http://localhost/Web/WebForm1.aspx" that
    calls a WebService from
    "http://localhost/webserviceapp/service1.asmx"...I have set the
    executionTimeout to 10 secs in Web.Config where my WebService is
    installed.
    <httpRuntime executionTimeout="10" appRequestQueueLimit="2" />

    When I call a method "TestPlan" which takes more than 10 secs my web
    Page gets the following error:
    Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html;
    charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the
    error message: --
    Server Error in '/WebServiceApp' Application.

    Request timed out.

    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:
    [HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

    How do trap this error in an elagant way and show it to the user?
    I tried to trap the error on Application_Error function of Global.asax
    of both my Web page and the WebService...
    Sub Application_Error(ByVal sender As Object, _
    ByVal e As EventArgs)
    ' Get the actual error that brought us here
    Dim ex As Exception = _
    Server.GetLastError.InnerException
    ' Display basic error information
    Response.Write("An error occurred in the application:<br>")
    Response.Write(ex.Message & "<br>")
    Response.Write("Stack trace:<br>")
    Dim s As StringBuilder = New StringBuilder(ex.StackTrace)
    Response.Write(s.Replace(" at ", " at<br> "))
    Response.End()
    ' Clear the error
    Server.ClearError()
    End Sub
    But it did not work...I tried to trap the event on the Page's onError
    method too it did not work...could someone please help...

    TALIA

    Many Regards
    Jack
    Jack Wright, Feb 29, 2004