how to trigger an action by clicking in a field of detailsview?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by André, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. André

    André Guest

    Hi,

    is it possible to trigger an action (e.g. make visible a button) when
    clicking in a particular field of a detailsview? I think is it, but how?

    I tried it on several ways, but no succes.
    Doing this on client-side raises the problem: how to get the field in the
    javascript code, because the tag <asp:boundfield DataField=... > does not
    contain the element "ID" nor it's possibel to use onclick="..'

    In code-behind, i can get the fieldname, but can't give the focus to it:
    Protected Sub DetailsView1_DataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles DetailsView1.DataBound
    Dim a As DataControlField
    Dim b As String
    a = DetailsView1.Fields(5)

    Please any hints would be welcome
    Thanks in advance
    André

    André, Jun 23, 2006

  2. André

    Winista Guest

    This article should give you a starting point.

    http://www.netomatix.com/development/GridViewClientSideAccess.aspx

    Winista
    http://www.universalshoppingmall.com

    Winista, Jun 23, 2006