How to troubleshoot authentication problems with login server cont

Guest

I've created several new users through the CreateUserWizard without a hitch
but when I can't login using the login server control with any of them. How
do I troubleshoot this problem? I've used SQL Server Profiler and it seems to
be getting hung up on the aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat procedure
which is apparently failing on the UTC date. I'm not sure how to proceed
further?

Thanks!

Guest

Here is the procedure that Sql Server Profiler shows as being executed:

exec dbo.aspnet_Membership_GetPasswordWithFormat
@ApplicationName=N'/AppName',@UserName=N'usernamer',@UpdateLastLoginActivityDate=1,@CurrentTimeUtc=''2006-01-31 14:12:30:950''

When I execute this sproc, I get an error on the UTC date. However, when I
take out the duplicate quote marks around the date so that it is just an
single quote on either side, then the sproc works.

Since I've haven't monkeyed with these sprocs at all, there would seem to be
a bug somewhere.

Guest

OK, I figured out the problem. After creating a user, apparently there is an
active/inactive setting somewhere. I went into Website Administration and
Manage Users and found that the test users were not Active. Once set to
Active, the logins worked. Don't know why that particular stored procedure
was crashing on the UTC date.

The next step is to figure out when creating a user through the
CreateUserWizard how to make sure that new users are automatically set to
Active.