how to troublshoot a connection problem between asp.net and sql server?

PJ6

I cannot connect to SQL Server at all through an ASP.NET connection on a
production Windows 2003 server:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When
connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that
under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
(provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to
SQL Server)

The funny thing is, I can use the exact connection settings to connect just
fine localy with Enterprise Manager and other thick client applications.
Nothing in the event log to go on. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this!

Paul

PJ6

Never mind. Apparently ASP.NET applications ignore config files for specific
dll's after being publied.

Paul