How to turn AUTOCOMMIT ON with cx_Oracle

Jia Lu

Hi all.
I use cx_Oracle to connect to an Oracle9i DB. And I want to turn on
AUTOCOMMIT function.
I see that cur.execute("SET AUTOCOMMIT ON") cannot work. Is there any
method to do that ??

Thanks a lot!

Paul McGuire

Jia Lu said:
Hi all.
I use cx_Oracle to connect to an Oracle9i DB. And I want to turn on
AUTOCOMMIT function.
I see that cur.execute("SET AUTOCOMMIT ON") cannot work. Is there any
method to do that ??

Thanks a lot!
AUTOCOMMIT is a dangerous crutch, beware. Ok for single record updates, but
if you need to update 2 records in synch, AUTOCOMMIT leaves you open to
hard-to-debug bugs (will work ok in development under light load, then fail
intermittently with concurrent users).

-- Paul

Jia Lu

Paul McGuire $B$N%a%C%;!<%8(B:
AUTOCOMMIT is a dangerous crutch, beware. Ok for single record updates, but
if you need to update 2 records in synch, AUTOCOMMIT leaves you open to
hard-to-debug bugs (will work ok in development under light load, then fail
intermittently with concurrent users).

Thanx.
But I am doing an exception test to Servers. So I have to work without
commit, but I need a autocommit environment of DB.