How to "Un-authenticate" a user from a Basic Authenticated, sessionless site

mike

Hello.

I have a web site that is using Basic Authentication (yes, I am using HTTPS)
and is sessionless (I am maintaining session state in a database via a
custom component).

When the user clicks "Log Off", or when a cookie expires, I want to
Un-Authenticate the user so that he/she cannot back-pedal to a page without
having to sign in again.

Basically, I want to clear the users credentials.

Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Guest

My bad... thought you were storing the credentials there.
Basically, if they authenticate the security ticket is issued. Short of
closing the browser there isn't a whole lot (that I'm aware of) that you can
do to clear this.
It's why you always see the nice warnings about making sure you close your
browser.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com