how to unload the web user control

buran

Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

I am loading a web user control ("taclient.ascx") into a placeholder (ID:
phFA). The web user control contains a cancel button (ID: btnCancel). I
would like to "unload" the web user control when the user clicks on the
cancel button. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

dim myControl as Control
myControl = LoadControl("taclient.ascx")
phFA.Controls.Clear()
phFA.Controls.Add(myControl)

Buran

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi buran,

When ever you are loading the usercontrol dynalically, you need to take care
of loading the usercontrol again on the postback event, so if the user has
clicked the cancel button then in that case dont load the usercontrol that
is one of the ways.

other possible way is

// Code for Adding the User Control
PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(LoadControl("taclient.ascx"));

// Code for Removing the UserControl
Control myControl = PlaceHolder1.Controls[0];
PlaceHolder1.Controls.Remove(myControl);

HTH
Regards
Ashish M Bhonkiya

buran

Thanks for your help. I have another question. How can I detect the postback
IN my user control? I am loading the user control every time the parent page
is posted back, but how can I detect the post back in the user control?

Buran

buran said:
Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

I am loading a web user control ("taclient.ascx") into a placeholder (ID:
phFA). The web user control contains a cancel button (ID: btnCancel). I
would like to "unload" the web user control when the user clicks on the
cancel button. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance.

dim myControl as Control
myControl = LoadControl("taclient.ascx")
phFA.Controls.Clear()
phFA.Controls.Add(myControl)

Buran

Ashish M Bhonkiya

Hi Buran,

You can check it in the page_load event of the usercontrol, checking value
for Page.IsPostBack.

using System;

using System.Data;

using System.Drawing;

using System.Web;

using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

/// <summary>

/// Summary description for postbackUC.

/// </summary>

public class postbackUC : System.Web.UI.UserControl

if (Page.IsPostBack)

{

Response.Write("This is a PostBack... haahaah");

}

else

{

Response.Write("This is not a PostBack...");

//

//

InitializeComponent();

base.OnInit(e);