How to update dataset from database automatically via Visual Data Designer

GS

Hello,

I used Visual Data Designer to design dataset based on table from SQL database. I made a change to database (increased length of some columns) but my dataset is still the same. Any way to update dataset in designer with new values without recreating it?

Guest

I am assuming a strongly typed dataSet?

If you made major changes simply redragging onto the form is the easiest
option, as it appears you used the WYSIWYG features. If you are simply adding
a value, edit the XSD in the designer and right click. In Visual Studio 2003
it says "run custom tool" (yeah, very descriptive), not sure the label in
2.0, but you simply need to redo the code file for the XSD (which is a proxy
to the data). After this, the worst you should have to do is a restart.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!